ALLFAC Archives

April 2009

ALLFAC@LISTSERV1.COLORADOCOLLEGE.EDU

From:
Susan Ashley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Ashley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:35:25 -0600
Dear all,

We received word today that because you completed the survey on faculty
support, we have passed the first two rounds and are eligible to submit an
"accelerator" grant proposal to the Sloan Foundation.  The proposal is due
July 1.  We have talked about focusing on a parental leave policy.

There may be other more pressing "groundbreaking practices" we might
inaugurate.
Please let Jeff Noblett know if you have ideas.

Susan

The Alfred P. Sloan Awards for Faculty Career Flexibility, in the amount
of $200,000 each, will be awarded to six institutions that currently
provide groundbreaking practices regarding career flexibility and that
best demonstrate an ability to achieve measurable improvements with vision
and commitment