ALLFAC Archives

January 2020

ALLFAC@LISTSERV1.COLORADOCOLLEGE.EDU

From:
"Dale K. Willson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dale K. Willson
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 16:05:59 -0700
(sent on behalf of the Crown Center)

Dear Colleagues,

In support of our new General Education Program, and in conjunction with the CEC, the Spring Semester Crown Faculty Luncheons will be devoted to key elements of our new program.  Each Block’s Crown Luncheon, Thursdays of Week 3, will be paired with an early-afternoon Friday workshop the following day  We welcome participation at either of these events on their own – or certainly invite faculty to attend both together. We know that time is precious and also that these times will not work for all. We are working to have some materials available on a shared space.

We’re pleased to start this Gen Ed series off with the Creative Process element in Block 5. RSVP for either or both at the same link here: http://tiny.cc/Block5

BLOCK 5 CROWN FACULTY LUNCHEON:
FRAMEWORKS FOR CREATIVE PROCESS BLOCKS
Thursday, Feb. 6, 12:15-1:30 p.m., Tutt Library Event Space

Have you considered offering a Creative Process block?  Maybe you teach a course that has a strong creative element but are not sure about how that translates into a Creative Process course.  Or maybe you’d like to dream up something entirely new under this designation.  While aligning a course with the creativity designation may seem daunting, many courses already contain elements that can be built upon to fulfill the requirement. This session will address some ways to frame creative process in a block course and provide support for proposing CP courses.  Led by Jane Hilberry and Kris Stanec.
RSVP at the following link: http://tiny.cc/Block5

This lunch will be followed by an “Inviting Creativity into the Classroom” workshop the next day (Friday Feb. 7) from 1:30-3:30 p.m. in the Tutt Library Event Space. Use the same link to RSVP for this workshop: http://tiny.cc/Block5

Look for the full schedule soon, with CC100 Critical Inquiry in Block 6, CC120/Writing in Block 7, and Experiential and Reflective work the focus in Block 8.

-----
JANE H. MURPHY, PHD
Associate Professor of History / Director, Crown Faculty Center
pronouns: she/her/hers
o (719) 389-6986