FOLKLANDERS Archives

March 2011

FOLKLANDERS@LISTSERV1.COLORADOCOLLEGE.EDU

From:
Linda Kopman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Kopman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2011 20:40:38 -0700
Hi Folkdancers,

I hope everyone who was here last time will be back, because we learned Shir
Ahava Le Rhodus.  It's so much fun to dance it with lots of people.  We'll
break it down again and do a quick review.

There's a great workshop coming up in Boulder (hosted by the Boulder
International Folk Dancers-BIFD) featuring Lee Otterholt teaching Balkan
dances.  The date is April 8, starting at 7:30 pm, all day on April 9, and
reviews on Sunday, April 10.  It's a great opportunity to learn from a
fantastic teacher.  Some of the dances we do that we've learned from him are
Cobankat and Opa Cupa. There's another workshop on April 22 in the evening
7:30-9:30 featuring Yulian Yordonov teaching Bulgarian dances, also hosted
by BIFD.

The Duquesne University Tamburitzans will be performing in Pueblo at the
Sangre de Cristo Art Center on Friday, May 27, 7:00pm.  If we get 10 or more
interested in going, we can get a reduced rate.  I'll let you know when they
start selling tickets.

Maybe we should go "green" this Sunday and dance a few jigs and sets.  And
if you want to bring "green" refreshments, well that would be just fine.

So I hope to see you all on Sunday, and of course, there will be
refreshments - green and otherwise.

Linda

"We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least
once." --Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

 Some future folkdance dates to mark on your calendar (asterisk denotes 3
weeks until next 1st Sunday):
March  20
April 3, 17
May 1, 15*
June 5, 19
July 3, 17*
August 7, 21
September 4, 18
October 2, 16*
November 6, 20
December 4, 18
Have an International Affair - Folkdance!
1st and 3rd Sundays of each month, 7-9 p.m.
The Carriage Stop
2700 Robinson Street, Colorado Springs, CO

You are welcome to call Linda Kopman (719-488-3926) for more information.