FOLKLANDERS Archives

December 2010

FOLKLANDERS@LISTSERV1.COLORADOCOLLEGE.EDU

From:
Linda Kopman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Kopman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:26:36 -0700
Hi Folkdancers,

I hope to see lots of dancers this Sunday - a big Folk Dance holiday party.
The weather will be great and we'll dance to some holiday music!

Welcome to Jenny who just found us after many years of living here in
Colorado Springs.  She used to folk dance in California (hope I got that
right).  We're glad you found us!  And Barbara Werren, blast from the past,
called me and she and her husband just moved to Denver.  She wants to come
down here to dance.  Hope to see her soon.

For those who may want to find instructions for a folk dance you learned
years ago, all the syllabi for Stockton Folk Dance Camp, from 1948 to
present, have been scanned and are on line at www.folkdancecamp.org.  There
is a link on the left side of the Home page.  This is an absolute gold mine
of fascinating historical information.

So bring your comfortable shoes and your requests and we'll see you at the
Carriage Stop.  If you think we might not have the music for your special
request, bring a CD, cassette, or thumb drive.

And, of course, there will be some festive holiday refreshments.

You know, we'll be dancing again the day after New Year's Day.  Might as
well start the new year right--folk dance!

See you there.

Linda
488-3926

 Some future folkdance dates to mark on your calendar:
January 2, 16
February 6, 20
March 6, 20
April 3, 17
Have an International Affair - Folkdance!
1st and 3rd Sundays of each month, 7-9 p.m.
The Carriage Stop
2700 Robinson Street, Colorado Springs, CO

You are welcome to call Linda Kopman (719-488-3926) for more information.