QUESTBRIDGE Archives

October 2015

QUESTBRIDGE@LISTSERV1.COLORADOCOLLEGE.EDU

From:
Anna Hessler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anna Hessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2015 23:26:33 -0600
Hello everyone,

We know that spammy emails are very annoying, and we are trying our very hardest to keep them to an absolute minimum, but unfortunately we've been having some technical difficulties. Hopefully they are all resolved now and everyone is getting this lovely little note. Except it's not so little. Bare with me.

This weekend is a busy one! There are lots of events we'd love to see you where you can help give back to our lovely little school.

Most importantly, we have our meeting tomorrow at 6 PM in the Loomis Lounge! Please join us for some pizza and friendship. The Financial Aid office and Career Center will also be giving a little presentation about how they specifically can help us in our ventures. Our blockly meetings always take place on second Friday's at 6 in the Loomis lounge, just for future reference.

The Admissions Department and Questbridge are teaming up SATURDAY afternoon (it was previously thought to be tomorrow, but its actually SATURDAY) as well to give a warm welcome to all the incoming prospective students. Please spare an hour of your time to make the kiddos comfortable and get a feel for how we do things here. Click here for the link to the spreadsheet~ https://cctigers-my.sharepoint.com/personal/s_mcdaniel_coloradocollege_edu/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?guestaccesstoken=L%2fkQgjUY90nugCG4xsNp7lPz%2f%2bii4UTAOAWzO0TTEeQ%3d&docid=19ef2253749e74980af25cfb9b40d2b55&action=view

There are a number of other planned events as well including a s'mores night from 7:30-8:30 on Saturday night, brunch at 10:45 on Sunday morning, and an appetizer reception from 5:00-6:30 Sunday evening. The details are in the last email Savanah sent you.

Finally, since I will be studying abroad next semester, we are beginning the process of looking for a new Co-Liason to join the team. If anyone is interested, let us know tomorrow at the meeting. We can give you the lo-down on the commitment and you can come to the ebord meetings if you'd like to get a feel for it. Additionally, especially if you are interested in this position but also if you just want more leadership experience, there may be an opportunity for you to go on an Outward Bound trip over block break with the Butler Center with the Heads of State leadership training. Depending on some details which I have yet to work out with my own schedule/life, I may not be able to attend and they really want someone from the Quest Scholars Network there. We'll take names of those interested tomorrow night as well.

We made it. Pheew. Have a marvelous Friday.

See you this weekend!
Anna Hessler
Co-Liason