Dear Chairs and Directors,

          Good morning - please find administrative updates from the Dean's Office that we didn't get to last night:

  *   Chairs and Directors Forms
     *   A big thanks to those that have already sent in their Chairs and Directors forms so far. If you have not done so yet, please send them (as well as the other requested documents) to me by the end of the week. If you anticipate needing more time, just let me know
  *   Faculty Salary Reviews
     *   We plan on sending out the Faculty Salary Review call (and related documents) by the end of this week. The due date for these reviews will likely be the third week of February. Departments and Programs that start with G-T will be submitting reviews for each faculty member this academic year, unless your department/program submitted a full review last year. Pre-tenure faculty are reviewed every year
     *   Faculty Salary Reviews are one of those processes that can sneak up on you at the last moment, and depending on the size of your department, they can present a significant time crunch near the due date. I highly recommend backwards planning from the due date to the Dean's Office to ensure you have the time you need to write the Chair recommendation and submit all of the requested forms
     *   The relevant section of the Faculty Handbook (Part Two, X.A.1.) can be found here<https://www.coloradocollege.edu/offices/dean/documents/faculty_handbook_ay_2021-22.pdf> on p.25
  *   Faculty Research Development Blocks
     *   We received several development block applications, each having significant merit. Claire is reviewing them now and will send out notification letters as soon as possible
  *   Fall Faculty Payments
     *   I'm submitting a batch of payment requests to finance in the next 24-48 hours to cover end of the semester payments including: Chair's Stipends, Mentoring Alliance Program (MAP) Stipends, SAG Stipends, and a few other payments. I understand that there may have been some payments that may not have been posted - if you or one of your faculty have been waiting on a payment that our office handles and it has not come through yet, please let me know at your earliest convenience so that I can track down the issue. I'm going to ask finance to post these payments on the mid-month paycheck, but no later than the end of the month check for December
  *   Kresge Proposals (Natural Sciences)
     *   We plan on sending out the Call for Kresge Applications before the end of the Block, with a due date at least one month from when the call goes out. Stay tuned on that one

I'm happy to help with any questions or concerns that you may have. Just let me know.

Best,

Dale K. Willson
Assistant to the Dean of Faculty
Staff Council Representative