Hi all,

Molecular Biology has had some contingency plan discussions as well. We have already had several covid-related problems to solve in the fall. And I suspect many other departments experienced this as well. One of the trickiest problems we have encountered is when several students in a course cannot come to class in person. Some us elected to go fully online for a few days, and others taught a hybrid course with a lot of technology involving Zoom, microphones, iPads, etc. This is very tough when it is a lab class, and we have done our best to accommodate students who cannot come to lab in a variety of different ways such as online simulations, make up labs, and Zooming students in to at least observe.

Faculty and staff in MB have been great about supporting each other, sharing resources, and even stepping in for each other at times. We are solving problems on a case-by-case basis, and I really think that is necessary.

-D
DARRELL J KILLIAN, PH.D.
                 (he/him/his)
Associate Professor and Chair