Hi friends,

I’m writing to ask for information on whether your departments and programs have faced challenges hiring paraprofs recently.  This is motivated by the fact that we have had few or no applicants for our computer science paraprof position in recent years, and our students have indicated that the salary we offer is not attractive.  So my questions are:

  1. Have you had satisfactory applicant pools for your paraprof positions in the past few years?
  2. If you have struggled to get applicants, do you know why?  Is the salary noncompetitive or are there other factors?
  3. Given our salary constraints, have you found other ways to make the position attractive?
  4. Any other thoughts?

Thanks very much,

David

Access the CHAIRSANDDIRECTORS Home Page and Archives

Unsubscribe from the CHAIRSANDDIRECTORS List