Hi all,

We are struggling a bit this year and I’m not sure exactly why. A couple of obvious candidates took other jobs in research settings. We are breaking in a new major and that means there is not as much consistency in their backgrounds/preparation for the job. This means that not all of our students have experience in two key aspects of the position and I think that is scaring them off.

Other reasons? I’m sure there are many, but those are some that I am aware of. We have had lean years in the past, so I can’t say I’m seeing a pattern yet. I do think the added hurdle of the formal application process may be slowing applicants down, but I’m guessing on that one.

Tricia

Sent from my iPhone