Dear colleagues and leaders in the academic endeavor (chairs, DEAB, CEC, FEC-budget, divisional elected exec comms),

If tomorrow you can find time and any of the sessions interest you, I encourage you to log-in to the Dept of Education's national summit virtually.

I know some of you have vacation and break days planned -- please absolutely feel free to continue the break time --- that is critical for the creativity and engagement that we will need for when we return, all hands on deck, to work on inclusion and antiracism work in post Harvard+UNC vs SFFA.

But if you happen to have flexibility, please do tune in to sessions that interest you! full agenda attached in pdf. There are conversations that will be relevant and hopefully inspiring for our shared work in student admission, development, education, and thriving at CC and beyond.

Apologies that we haven't amplified this earlier, or if this is a repeat post for you -- it was very recent that it came together and was confirmed (to us) that it is virtual and that our own President Song will be there.

Please feel free to share this invitation to the open event with others.

Go CC!
Emily
---------------------
Highlights:
Eastern times.
  • 9-9:15 welcome and introductions
  • 915-930 opening keynote Education Secretary Miguel Cardona
  • 0930-1020 "Committing to Education Opportunity for All Students"
  • 1020-1035 "College Admissions after SFFA vs Harvard and UNC" (office for civil rights)
  • 1050-1130 "What's next in College Admissions"
  • President Song will be on this panel for admissions (10:50am to 11:30am)
  • 1130-1210 "Rebuilding Affordable higher education pipelines"
  • 1250-1 Student video
  • 1300-1340 "Focusing on Equitable Completion"

----
EMILY CHAN, PHD
Dean of the Faculty
Professor of Psychology
Office of the Dean of the Faculty
Armstrong Hall 201

o (719) 389-6682

COLORADO COLLEGE
14 E. Cache La Poudre St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
www.coloradocollege.edu

Access the CHAIRSANDDIRECTORS Home Page and Archives

Unsubscribe from the CHAIRSANDDIRECTORS List