Hi everyone!
This conversation will be a productive one for the upcoming chairs meeting. HR is very open to input and continued review and improvement.
Best,
Emily

On Feb 16, 2024, at 9:55 AM, Luis David Garcia Puente <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Dear All,

I second Gail’s concerns. I would appreciate a longer discussion to clarify details. In particular, I have heard that now we will need to rank our staff  more granularly (1st, 2nd, 3rd,…). For 14 years, I worked at an institution that ranked faculty and staff in this way for salary raise purposes and I cannot think of a more damaging practice for the moral and mental health of everyone involved.

Thanks

Luis

Luis Garcia Puente
Fellow of the American Mathematical Society
Professor and co-Chair, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Colorado College