From: David Harker
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2015 11:10 AM
To: 1STGEN-FACULTYSTAFF Mailing List; Grace Montesano (S)
Subject: Re: 1st Gen LUNCH TODAY!

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the lunch today, but I thought this might be of some interest to this group if you haven't seen it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/12/education/edlife/first-generation-students-unite.html?emc=edit_tnt_20150408&nlid=15611535&tntemail0=y&_r=0

First-Generation Students Unite - NYTimes.com
These young pioneers, the first in their families in college, speak out about who they are, where they come from and the income inequality on campus.

Dave Harker, Ph.D.
Director
Collaborative for Community Engagement
Colorado College