CHAIRSANDDIRECTORS Archives

Chairs and Directors Listserv

CHAIRSANDDIRECTORS@LISTSERV1.COLORADOCOLLEGE.EDU

From:
Andrea Bruder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrea Bruder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2022 13:43:15 +0000
(On behalf of Heidi Lewis, Coordinator of Early Career Faculty Development Programs)

Dear colleagues,

Please encourage block visitors in your programs|departments to attend the Crown Center’s Block Visitor Orientation & Professional Development session today from 3:30 to 5p in Tutt Library 105. Today’s session will focus on teaching on The Block Plan. Those who are not local may attend in my Zoom room linked below. I’ll be working with Chad to determine the best ways to host hybrid sessions, but today’s may be a bit clunky if I can’t do that in time. We’ll do better moving forward.

As a reminder, these sessions will be held throughout the year on the first Thursday of each block—same time, same place except during Block 2, which will be entirely virtual. For your reference, the Block 5 session will also focus on teaching. Other sessions will also focus on that for the first 45m, since we imagine new visitors will be attending each one. However, since returning visitors will also be attending, we’ll spend the next 45m of other sessions focusing on research|scholarship, the job market, Colorado College culture and antiracism, and work-life coexistence.

Last, but not least, please remember full-time visiting and tenure-track faculty will be participating in similar sessions through their participation in the Mentoring Alliance Program (MAP), so they need not be invited to these. As a reminder, all full-time visiting faculty were invited to participate in MAP but were not required. Still, if you are hosting any that haven’t accepted the invitation but would like to, please ask them to contact me ASAP, despite the deadline passing, so we can do our best to make arrangements for their inclusion as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Heidi

NOTE: If you need to schedule a meeting with me, please #SupportBlackBusiness by using Calendly: https://calendly.com/d/dvt-gm2-j86. For virtual meetings, you can find me on Zoom at https://coloradocollege.zoom.us/my/heidirlewis or on WebEx at https://coloradocollege.webex.com/meet/hrlewis.

[cid:3213a9b5-fcc6-49e7-9d55-a9f35afa7793]<https://www.femgeniuses.com/audresfootsteps>

Click this image for more information.

“It is a great tribute to Audre, but also to us activists of the Black German movement, that Heidi continues to cross the Atlantic and follow in Audre’s footsteps, ensuring we remain both visible and tangible.”

—Ria Cheatom, the late Ika Hügel-Marshall, Jasmin Eding, and Judy Gummich from the “Foreword” of In Audre’s Footsteps: Transnational Kitchen Table Talk in Berlin

----
ANDREA BRUDER, PH.D.
Associate Dean of the Faculty
Chief Public Health Advisor